In an previously web site, I talked about the difficulties I foresee in staffing upcoming SAP S/4HANA projects, specifically looking at that the volume of operate could boost three-fold in the next few of many years. This brings us to the question of the form of men and women that would be needed to provide these SAP S/4HANA tasks, and the skills needed to put into practice them.
If we assume that the implementation will consequence in strong company rewards and factors of transformation and that the architecture necessary will be pretty distinctive – much much more standard in the main and a lot more of a organization system than an ERP a single, then do we need a various established of skills than these at this time out there?
If SAP specialists who led the significant wave of original deployment of SAP in the ’90s and early 2000s choose initiative in utilizing the SAP S/4HANA tasks, then they will have to do so differently to attain improved outcomes. So the dilemma here is, will the group that at present supports the SAP footprint be capable to unlearn some of the features and methods that have led SAP to be noticed as a less interesting prospect than some other ‘digital’ goods? And, if the current team is the suitable workforce, then what skill sets do they require?
We need to have to cease relying on historic techniques of approaching SAP. Even while some main components, these kinds of as finance, source chain, task administration hard operate and a perception of humor, remain true, with the new systems accessible and the necessity for more interoperability with point methods and SaaS answers, the way we believe about enterprise approach shipping and buyer knowledge involves new strategies.
In actuality, there’s a require to revamp roles by probably introducing some new ones and eliminating a few outdated ones. From a complex viewpoint there’s a want for a great deal of changes:
- Dealing with APIs, (see Tim Fisher’s blog site) and possibly a considerably additional complicated integration landscape will will need hybrid integration skills
- Creating APIs that could or might not be dependent on the SAP definition of an object (e.g. shopper)
- Require for RPA working experience and publicity
- Machine learning skills with languages these types of as python
- Chatbot on NLP (all-natural language programming) and programming skills for “non-keyboard” interaction i.e. for placing up the Copilot or Recast augmented intelligence certification chatbots, or Alexa
- “New-ABAP”, which is ABAP in the cloud and by eclipse to build extensions on top rated of the SAP S/4HANA core process
- More company ability and business knowledge from our consultants to produce benefit on leading of the SAP S/4HANA technique
- AI and Big data, how will the SAP solution process and assess all the new details details that are currently being produced out there. And how will so leverage all this in your organization to truly make improved decisions?
From an SAP architects position of look at:
- Recognize how to design and style an API led design and style
- Comprehend how to build SAP custom code in SAP Cloud System
- Be in a position to style alternatives that go throughout SAP S/4HANA and SAP Cloud System, e.g. working with machine learning on the facts in SAP S/4HANA and other sources
- Understand how to do DevOps across SAP.
From a developer’s stage of see a person requirements to understand:
- Builders need to have to have knowledge of platforms these as Eclipse and Github and automatic testing tools this sort of as Jenkins
- They need to have to understand how to use SAP Cloud System
- They also have to have to get started creating SCP(SAP cloud platform) and use APIs as an alternative of all ABAP.
From a useful level of see as effectively as main SAP S/4 HANA skills a person needs to understand:
- Design thinking to really realize the enterprise issue
- Knowing new strategies to provide (agile, DT)
- Remaining in a position to do a practical style and design across S/4HANA and SCP). An knowing of the options close to automation/RPA (which should contain UIPath, Blueprism, Contextor) and how these can be identified and embedded in business processes
- Adhering to on from this, the exact same is genuine for AI and ML: What is out there in SAP common, how can these be enhanced/produced more, how these technologies can be embedded in the organization approach. There is no point in being familiar with the standard method, or the AI and ML elements, we will will need a new style of hybrid SAP practitioner.
Practical Consultants will need a closer operating with data/analytics colleagues and awareness of
- Positioning of BW/4HANA
- Abilities of predictive analytics
- Embedded analytics how considerably can we go and what the break up is concerning embedded and an EDW (Business facts warehouse) and are living link via the SAC (SAP analytics Cloud)
- Visualisation tooling SAC vs Tableau vs PowerBI and so on
- Blockchain situations and integration with SAP S/4HANA .
The basis/infrastructure/cloud workforce
- Layout a landscape in any cloud resolution (AWS, Azure, GCP, Virtustream and so on)
- Layout and implement the SAP Cloud System technique